Tag Archives: ORDERS

FEDERAL HIGH COURT IN LAGOS ORDERS DIEZANI ALISON-MADUEKE TO PERMANENTLY FORFEIT HER $37.5MILLION BANANA ISLAND MANSION TO FG

A Federal High Court in Lagos has ordered the permanent forfeiture to the FG of a $37.5million Banana Island property bought in 2013 by former Minister of Petroleum Resources Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke. .

A vacation judge, Justice Chuka Obiozor, made the order yesterday following a motion on notice argued by EFCC. The judge also ordered that $2.7m and N84.5m realised as rent on the property be permanently forfeited to the government. .

Justice Obizor, on July 19, directed the EFCC to temporarily seize the property designated as Building 3, Block B, Bella Vista Plot 1, Zone N, FG Layout, Banana Island Foreshore Estate, consisting of 24 apartments, 18 flats and six penthouses. .

The court directed that the temporary forfeiture order be published in a newspaper and adjourned till yesterday for anyone interested in the property and funds to appear and convince it why they should not be permanently forfeited. .

During proceedings yesterday, EFCC counsel Anselem Ozioko told Justice Obiozor that the publication order had been complied with. He noted that despite going the extra length to personally serve the second and third respondents in the case Afamefuna Nwokedi and a company, Rusimpex Limited, they did not show up in court to contest the forfeiture order.

The EFCC had earlier told the judge that the Banana Island property was reasonably suspected to have been acquired with proceeds of unlawful activities by Mrs. Alison-Madeueke. .

The anti-graft agency said its investigations revealed that she bought the property sometime in 2013 for $37.5m, which she paid in cash. According to the EFCC, the $37.5m was moved straight from the former minister’s house in Abuja and paid into the selller’s First Bank account in Abuja. .

“Nothing could be more suspicious than someone keeping such huge amounts in her apartment. Why was she doing that? To avoid attention. We are convinced beyond reasonable doubt because as of the time this happened, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke was still in public service as the Minister of Petroleum Resources,” the EFCC lawyer, Ozioko, had told Justice Obiozor.

TRUMP’S EXECUTIVE ORDER AFFECTS NIGERIANS: NO MORE DROP BOX FOR RENEWING OF VISAS! COMPULSORY INTERVIEWS AGAIN!

So for those Nigerians who are used to renewing their visas via drop box, where you send your Passport via mail and collect it via mail, and don’t have to do any interviews again after you’ve been given a US Visa, that has stopped under Donald Trump’s administration. Whether you’ve visited the US one million times before or not, under this new immigration policy, once your visa expires, you have to go do an interview at the embassy again. Read the report below…

In an executive order signed on (Jan. 27), US president Donald Trump instructed the State Department to immediately suspend the US’s Visa Interview Waiver Program.

It’s an interesting action by a president who has made trade a central tenet of his policy platform, since it could, in the short term, inconvenience many frequent visitors to the US (and even dissuade them from visiting) by forcing them to have a face-to-face interview with a US consular officer every time their visa expires rather than simply dropping off their passport at a consulate.

Suspending the program could wreak havoc on US consular operations around the world that handle frequent visits from travelers seeking short term visas. The Visa Interview Waiver Program allows travelers to renew travel authorizations without an in-person interview.

The action is not expected to have any effect on the widely popular Visa Waiver Program, familiar to many by its front-line system, ESTA. That program allows nationals of 38 countries—including much of Europe—to enter the US without securing a visa at a consulate first.

A State department spokesman could not immediately confirm the precise effects of suspending this program, but said that it would announce any changes affecting travelers to the US as soon as possible.

Trump Orders Removal Of Islamic Symbols, Practices In The White House, Says America Built On Christian Morals

Obama was seen storming away from the West Wing after staffers from Donald Trump’s transition team began preparing the executive offices for the new administration. On Trump’s orders, one of Obama’s most secretive rituals is being reversed and all signs of it removed from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

For the past 8 years, to appease Muslims working at or visiting the White House, silence has been ordered during the 5 times of Islamic prayer each day. In addition, prayer rugs and crescent moon symbols are available in several areas of the executive mansion to make Muslims more comfortable.

The administration has defended the practice by asserting that it also observes several other religious moments of silence and prayer out of respect, including a full 15 seconds for Christianity on Sunday morning while a chaplain blesses a staff breakfast.

None of the prayers is mandatory or led by a government official, which has allowed the administration to subvert 1st Amendment issues, but the obvious favouritism towards Islam, which is observed for 25 minutes per day 7 days a week, tells a story this president has denied for 8 years.

President Trump, who acknowledges that this country was founded by Christians and was built on Christian morals, is having all pagan symbols removed from the property unless they offer some historical significance. Only the cross in the White House chapel will remain for worship. Jim Mergernerlerny, head of the team that will transform the White House from the Obama’s home to the Trumps’ second home, told MSNBC:

“Mr Trump doesn’t see the need to provide prayer rugs and false idols in a house built by Christians. Washington, DC offers a diverse cultural centre for the worship of any kind. You won’t find any special considerations for Judaism or crucifixes to appease Catholics, either. There is a simple chapel with a single cross on one wall that is suitable for prayer by anyone. Our government doesn’t need to be forcing prayer rituals down people’s throats just so we don’t “offend” apologising people looking to blow us up.

Patriots around the U.S. can rest assured that apologising for our faith has come to an end.